Friday, September 18, 2009

Keep Going!

Hey Everybody! Happy Friday.

You will be glad to know that I made it through the week quite successfully and God has given me a message for all of you today regarding weight loss -- Keep Going! These two words sound quite simple at first glance, but they are so difficult for most of us to do. In my case, this week was a perfect example. It was one of those weeks where I ate right, drank a decent amount of water, worked out twice-a-day and yet I still just felt fat! (I still do.)

I had to keep telling myself: Just keep going. In fact, on the way home I was tempted to stop and grab some nachos from the local Taco Cabana. I've been too lazy to go grocery shopping and I knew there was nothing tasty at home -- plus, it's Friday, right?! One fully loaded nacho plate never killed anybody, right? But then I had to stop and have a real conversation with myself. It went something like this:

"Erika, now you know that eating is about 70 percent of this battle and if you eat nachos tonight, you might as well just give up on all of this working out you are doing. It would be a waste of time. Plus, what good are those nachos going to serve you? You will just feel like crap after you eat them."

With that, I backed out of the drive thru and headed home. The truth is, I have had more than enough calories today. I ate about two cups of trail mix for breakfast and had Chinese for lunch. So in reality, the Chinese food was already my spluge for the week. I certainly didn't need another. If I get hungry tonight I will just eat a light salad or some almonds. And guess what? I will be just fine. Really.

So anyway guys, I am waking up early to workout in the morning, but before I relax for the evening, here are your workout and eating tips for the weekend. Enjoy.

Workout tip: Do burnouts. Pick four exercises. Two for arms and two for legs. Then do those until your muscles just "burn out." Rest for about 1 minute and repeat. For example, if you choose to do push-ups, just do them until your arms simply just won't go anymore. If you choose squats, do them until your legs can't hold you up. Those are burnouts. They work.

Eating tip: Discover almonds. Excellent source of protein. Your muscles need protein to develop. They are a great snack, but don't go crazy with them because they are also are high in calories.

Until next time, E

No comments:

Post a Comment